In my previous post, at the hacking section, I wrote aboutÂ An Easy way toÂ hack facebook. That posts was liked by many. Â And here I thought of throwing some light on the top most interesting facts about the internet. Well, do you know that there are an estimated 1.73 billion Internet users worldwide! Amazing Eh?
The List OfÂ Interesting Facts About The Internet:
Here goes the interesting facts about the internet. Hope you enjoy reading! đ
- Today, the Internet is 8,880 days old. Check HowOldIsTheInter.net to keep up to date.
- The first domain that was registered was Symbolics.com. You Can open this link and check how many domain names are registered in live! The number of websites has grown exponentially and so too has the amount of information available and created.Â There are approximately 4,200 new domain names registered every hour, or around 37 million per year.
- WithinÂ 5 years the internet reached a market audience of 50 million users.
- How’s the look of Google long back? Say 2004.. Check the image below to know. How stupid looking it was. lol.
- The first emoticon wasÂ credited to Kevin Mackenzie, but was a rather simple -) and didnât really look like a face. But 3 years later,
was proposed by Scott Fahlman and has become the norm.
- Mark Zukerberg, the CEO of facebookÂ was a great programmer since the age of 14. HeÂ had a pretty sweet Angelfire page. đ Check Image below.
- Amazon became the number one shopping site because in the days before the invention of the search giant Google,Â Yahoo would list the sites in their directory alphabetically!
- Of the 247 BILLION email messages sent every day, 81% are fully spam. There are billions and billions of spammers available online.
- The first ever YouTube video was uploaded on April 23rd 2005, by Jawed Karim (one of the founders of the site) and was 18 seconds long. The title of the video was –Â âMe at the zooâ. I watched the video! It was tooooÂ boring.
- The most common form of âcyber terrorismâ is a DDOS, or Distributed Denial of Service attack, where thousands of systems around the world becomes the victim of it.
The Top #3 Interesting Facts About The Internet:
1) What’s The Size Of Internet?
In 2010, Google estimated that the data size of the Internet is 5 million Terabytes, 61% from videos and the other 39% from the web! It’sÂ growing rapidly.
Thereâs an estimated 637 million websites, of which there are over 250 million blogs. đ And from the 250 million blogs, one is SilentPoints.com đ
2) A Crazy Fact About Facebook
The current report says facebook’sÂ users had touchedÂ 1.2 billion.Â Even more crazy is that there are about 2.4 billion Internet users. That means 50% of all Internet users are on Facebook.
And this stats can easily point out the reason for which Mr. Zukerberg is the youngest millionaire in the world! đ
Also Read: Success Story Of Mark Zukerberg
3) Ever Watched The Cartoon:Â Garfield
Garfield the cartoon cat once offered a free email service. Can you guess what the domain name was?
It was gmail.com, later acquired by Google.
So, these are the top 3Â interesting facts about the internet. Hope you liked reading it.
Further Reading:Â Step By Step Guide To Create A Free Blog And Earn
Do you know of any other fun and interesting facts about the Internet? Â If so, let us know about them in the comments! đ