The bloody Blue Whale game has been headlining in the news reports due to the rumors that the young kids/teenagers might be committing suicide after following the 50 deadly dares or challenges given in the game. Thousands of teenagers became a victim of the game all over the globe.
Sadly, the game still exists in many of the countries even though the developer of the game is being caught and put behind the bars.
Here in this post, you’ll be knowing what exactly is a Blue Whale game and the challenges that the teenagers have to go through.
What is Blue Whale Game?
It’s basically a 50-day period game. Every day gives you a new dare. A really bloody dare!
There are a couple of administrators who moderates and administers the game. They are the one who orders the kids to do the gruesome tasks. (You’ll know about it later)
The Blue Whale game began in Russia back at 2013. Yes, it existed back then but it wasn’t popular during that time. But now it’s spreading like anything. Idk how. It’s perhaps affiliated with “F57” which is a “death group” of a social network in Russia.
Talking about the gameplay, it’s a relationship between the players and the administrators. The game involves a series of duties/tasks given by the administrators or the moderators of the game that players must complete! There’s usually one dare in a day. In total it’s a 50 dare game which apparently takes 50 days to complete. On the 50th day, you do not just complete the game! You get ‘complete’ yourself as well on the 50th day.
Okay. Read on…
Let’s go directly to the point. So, on the 50th day, the task on your mobile screen will be like:
50. Jump off a high building. Take your life.
Isn’t that pathetic?
The game is ordering you to take your own life. And the kids are doing it!
Here is a live footage of the after effects of playing the game. This incident happened in India. There’s also a commentary in the video as well which tells you more about the game. Have a watch!
Can you even believe that?
Two kids just jumped from a high building thereby finishing the game and ending up their lives.
Who Developed the Game?
The game was developed by a psychology student named Philipp Budeikin who was expelled from his university. As I told he was arrested by Russian police. On asking about the reason of the game creation he tells that the purpose was to “clean” the society by pushing to suicide those people whom he deemed as having no value.
Caption: Philipp Budeikin, the guy behind blue Whale Game.
Can I try playing the game?
For fuck’s sake, please do not dare play this game. If you’re stupid enough to want to play this game then you’re going to have to search hard. Do not even try it for fun. You cannot find the game in Google or any Facebook groups. If you leave the game in the middle, you’ll be threatened by the team that they’ll be killing you and your family as well. So you do not have any way left and you have to end up your life! Few news reports say that the game exists in closed groups and in private message conversations.
This is basically the concept of the interaction between the player and the administrator>
What are the Blue Whale Game Challenges?
2. Wake up at 4.20 a.m. and watch psychedelic and scary videos that curator sends you.
3. Cut your arm with a razor along your veins, but not too deep, only 3 cuts, send a photo to the curator.
4. Draw a whale on a sheet of paper, send a photo to the curator.
5. If you are ready to “become a whale”, carve “YES” on your leg. If not, cut yourself many times (punish yourself).
6. Task with a cipher.
7. Carve “f40” on your hand, send a photo to the curator.
8. Type “#i_am_whale” in your VKontakte status.
9. You have to overcome your fear.
10. Wake up at 4:20 a.m. and go to a roof (the higher the better)
11. Carve a whale on your hand with a razor, send a photo to the curator.
12. Watch psychedelic and horror videos all day.
13. Listen to music that “they” (curators) send you.
14. Cut your lip.
15. Poke your hand with a needle many times
16. Do something painful to yourself, make yourself sick.
17. Go to the highest roof you can find, stand on the edge for some time.
18. Go to a bridge, stand on the edge.
19. Climb up a crane or at least try to do it
20. The curator checks if you are trustworthy.
21. Have a talk “with a whale” (with another player like you or with a curator) in Skype.
22. Go to a roof and sit on the edge with your legs dangling.
23. Another task with a cipher.
24. Secret task.
25. Have a meeting with a “whale.”
26. The curator tells you the date of your death and you have to accept it.
27. Wake up at 4:20 a.m. and go to rails (visit any railroad that you can find).
28. Don’t talk to anyone all day.
29. Make a vow that “you’re a whale.”
How to prevent yourself and your loved ones?
The game is spreading rapidly in many parts of the world. You never know when your friends or loved one might turn into a victim of the game. So, you must take measures to prevent them from this active bullshit.
CM of Maharastra, Devendra Fadnavis in a state legislative assembly gives his concern on stopping the game. But it is almost impossible for them alone to stop the game as it has been published online way back.
Now, how can you prevent teenagers from playing Blue Whale?
Here are some points you need to go through to get a crystal clear idea of the same:
- A noticeable difference in the behavior of the teen like withdrawal from social activities or acting anxious might be a warning sign.
- Signs of self-harm can also be a factor to be linked with the behavior of the challenges through Blue Whale.
- The kids are disturbed with the environment after playing the game. They will definitely send out a cry for help before doing so. So as an elder, if you notice, you must find out more about it and take actions for the same.
- You as a parent can install a SPY App on your kid’s device as a safeguarding tool or monitoring system. That seems to be the best way to prevent these shits. By that, you’ll be knowing what your kid browses online and also you can block malicious sites which might auto-download random Apk’s/files. You can also monitor their online conversations if given a cause for concern. (PS: if you are a teen reading this, please do not curse me :p )
DO YOU HAVE ANY POINT TO ADD HERE? COMMENT BELOW, I’LL ADD IT WITH YOUR NAME AS A CREDIT
OVER TO YOU: Did you like the article?
Do share it with your friends and your family if you feel, this piece can make any sense to your beloveds life. Scroll below and hit the share button. 🙂
And for any query regarding the Blue Whale game, you can ask me in the comments below.
PS: Do not ask me the download link for the game! I do not have it.
FINAL WORDS: If you’d like to talk to someone about suicide, there is free help available and someone willing to listen to you:
In the UK, the Samaritans can be contacted for free on 116 123
In India, this number can be contacted for free: 022 2754 6669